Connection issue

Discussions and questions about the Crazyflie Nano Quadcopter
Stevepos
Beginner

Connection issue

Post by Stevepos »

Hi,

I get this pop-up message when I try to connect:

WARNING:cflib.crazyflie:Got link error callback [Dongle communication error (ackStatus==None)] in state [1]

Crazyflie is on. All rotors rotated on startup, green LED flashed multiple times on startup. I have both blue LEDs on and red LED pulsing at 2hz and green LED on Crazyflie and dongle pulsing at 1hz. I have PS3 original controller and motioninjoy installed and see the thrust and yaw numbers change as I move the controller. I believe that indicates everything is ok for lift off... but nothing happens when I move the controller.

Also get a connection timeout error when I click the 'Initiate bootloader cold boot:

INFO:cfclient.ui.dialogs.bootloader:Connected in coldboot mode failed.

I tried different values for Radio Bandwidth and also made sure I was out of range of my wifi router to rule out any possibility of interference.

I am running PC Client on Win7.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Steve P.
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: Connection issue

Post by tobias »

When you are pressing the connect button in the client can you check that the Crazyradio is blinking a lot with it's red led?
marcus
Bitcraze

Post by marcus »

Hi,

It looks like you have run into this issue. If you close the client, pull out the Crazyradio, insert it again and restart the client, do you get the same error then?

/Marcus
Stevepos
Beginner

Post by Stevepos »

Tobias,

When I click on the Connect button the Red LED continues to blink at 2Hz. The only change in LED activity is the green LEDs on the Crazyflie and the Dongle begin to blink at 1 Hz.

Marcus,

I tried as you suggested but the same error occurred again. I also tried using different USB ports but no luck.
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

I meant the red led on the radio dongle (Crazyradio)
Stevepos
Beginner

Post by Stevepos »

Tobias,

When I plug the crazyradio dongle into a USB port the red LED pulses at 1hz and continues to do so until I click Connect or Scan. If I click Scan it lights for a second and then returns to the 1hz pulse. If I click Connect the Red LED goes out and the Green LED pulses at 1hz. After a few minutes of inactivity the Crazyflie turns off and on the crazyradio dongle the green LED goes out and the Red LED pulses at 1Hz 8 times, then goes out briefly before pulsing again 8 times, etc.

thanks,

Steve P.
marcus
Bitcraze

Post by marcus »

Hi Steve,

Just to make sure that I'm not misunderstanding: Are the LEDs on the Crazyradio (USB dongle) pulsing? They should light up shortly when you first connect it, then they should go dark. When you scan the red LED should blink very quickly (look like it's lit up) and when you connect the green led will blink very quickly (like it's lit up) unless you are looking packets then the red will blink quickly.

Are you using a USB-hub that is not externally powered?

/Marcus
Stevepos
Beginner

Post by Stevepos »

Hi Marcus,

Yes, the crazyradio dongle LEDs behave just as you described. No, I am not using an external USB hub, I am using one of the 3 built-in USB2 ports.

thanks

stevep