Battery Finder Tool

Discussions and questions about the Crazyflie Nano Quadcopter
ThatFlieCray
Beginner

Battery Finder Tool

Post by ThatFlieCray »

There are many options to take into consideration when choosing a battery, such as capacity (mAh), dimensions, weight & price. :geek:

Below is a link that will assist in choosing a battery that's right for your CrazyFlie. It searches for a battery based upon your specifications. I've found this to be useful & wanted pass it along.

PS Site can also search for motors, ESCs & servos.

http://www.rcdetails.info/Search?type=2 ... t:capacity
Screenshot of rcdetails.info
Screenshot of rcdetails.info
--
Vaughn (ThatFlieCray)
chad
Expert

Re: Battery Finder Tool

Post by chad »

Nice link. A lot of Crazyflie owners seem to look for new batteries at the start of their ownership. I always felt Bitcraze made a good choice for weight/flight time with the batteries they chose so I've never looked for others but I can imagine there are some jobs that might need higher or lower capacity and/or weight.

Did you change out your battery or are you still looking? Do you have specific job requirements? What prompted your look for new battery options?

I think a major issue these days is that battery technology needs a revolution (mini-reactors, I'm waiting for you). Every electronic device is beholden to variations of lithium tech and while it's working for all of us now, it really isn't all that great...
Crazyflier - my CF journal...
4x Crazyflie Nano (1.0) 10-DOF + NeoPixel Ring mod.
3x Crazyflie 2.0 + Qi Charger and LED Decks.
Raspberry Pi Ground Control.
Mac OS X Dev Environment.
Walkera Devo7e, ESky ET6I, PS3 and iOS Controllers.
ThatFlieCray
Beginner

Post by ThatFlieCray »

Hi Chad,

I agree that Bitcraze made a good choice re: weight/flight time w/ batteries. I too am waiting for mini-reactors! :D Regarding your questions, my answers are below.

Did you change out your battery or are you still looking?
I am still looking.

Do you have specific job requirements?
Longer flight-time.

What prompted your look for new battery options?

Great question, my motivation is multifaceted. I love to tinker. Therefore searching for custom modifications comes natural.

Longer flight-time... I've flown gas powered (nitro) helicopters for 10 years, I also fly electric helis and quadcopters. There are trade-offs between the gas & electric RC power plants. One advantage of my gas heli is the extended flight-time (30 minutes). While I enjoy the convenience of electric helis, the nitro side of me prefers longer flight-times.

Putting a larger battery in the Crazy Flie 2 will increase flight-time; however, there is a point where added battery weight diminishes response time or in-flight agility. So, I frequently like to search new batteries to see if they have a better ratio of battery maH to battery weight ratio (grams).
--
Vaughn (ThatFlieCray)
marcus
Bitcraze

Post by marcus »

Nice link, thanks for sharing!