Print the acceloration values

Discussions and questions about the Crazyflie Nano Quadcopter
whjrtss
Beginner

Print the acceloration values

Post by whjrtss »

Hi. I have a question.

Bin file (Crazyflie Firmware) has accel value x,y,z, but CF Client don't have them.

Example, Stabilizer.roll is a value from gyro sensor. but client files has no any keyword about accel.

I think, 'Firmware have accel values, but Python client has no module(?) or code what printing values.'

May I know about packet communication?...

'Logbasic.py' in 'Examples' have roll,pitch,yaw values.

I hope to see accel and baro values. I don't know make the code for this operation.

Thank you for reply.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: Print the acceloration values

Post by arnaud »

Hi,

These are defined and communicated using the Log subsystem (http://wiki.bitcraze.se/projects:crazyflie:firmware:log). You can see all exported variable using view/tab/"Log TOC". There is log variables for the accelerometer already setup. Using Settings/"logging configuration" you can configure a new log block that can be displayed in the plotter in the GUI and can also be recorded in a CSV file. You can also go to view/tabs/Log Blocks to see the log blocks already setup and record any of them in a file. The logs are saved in the config folder/log (can be open with the menu settings/Open config folder).

This log subsystem is designed to make it easy to get variable value at regular interval, the minimum reachable interval is 10ms (100 readings per seconds).