Preliminary Questions

Discussions and questions about the Crazyflie Nano Quadcopter
dwaddsy
Beginner

Preliminary Questions

Post by dwaddsy »

I am eagerly awaiting my CF. I have a Macbook Pro and I really would like to work with the FPV. Can anyone give me tips on how to 1. use my Macbook Pro and 2. The equipment I need to purchase to successfully FPV my CF?!

Thank you everyone
marcus
Bitcraze

Re: Preliminary Questions

Post by marcus »

Hi,

For the first question you can have a look at this thread for some tips on how to get going on Mac.

For more information on the FPV test we did you have have a look at this post or for the master thesis on adding a camera you can have a look at this post.

/Marcus
skube

Post by skube »

Also, you should look at this page which details how to get the Crazyflie Client working on OSX.
Crazyflie Nano 10-DOF | AR Drone v1 | MikroKopter Okto
dwaddsy
Beginner

Post by dwaddsy »

marcus wrote:Hi,

For the first question you can have a look at this thread for some tips on how to get going on Mac.

For more information on the FPV test we did you have have a look at this post or for the master thesis on adding a camera you can have a look at this post.

/Marcus
oh wow $1200 for the camera! I've been searching around and since I'm more at the bottom of the totem pole when it comes to knowledge of the camera's I was wanting to know if this is the only option right now. It would be disappointing as that is way out of my budget and I would love to FPV enable my CF =(
foosel
Expert

Post by foosel »

The 5.8Ghz FPV set is 124€, find this quite reasonable. Not sure where you are getting that 1200€ quote from.
Also: AR.Drone 2.0 (RC-enabled thanks to self-soldered MiruMod) and Hubsan X4 H107