Advanced method to connect the motors to the board

Discussions and questions about the Crazyflie Nano Quadcopter
cracklecrackle
Beginner

Advanced method to connect the motors to the board

Post by cracklecrackle »

Hello,

i got my crazyflie last week but i'm in a dispute with myself about the soldering of the motors directly to the board. Soldering itself is not the problem but i rather don't want to solder the motors directly to the board because i think solder an maybe unsolder for later modifications are unnecessary stress for the other components on the board, maybe it would be better to use a connector like this for example: http://www.tme.eu/de/details/nx1001-02s ... 1wr-s-2p/#

But it is hard to get them in 1 mm grid dimension in germany. Do someone of you having experiences or tried a similar connector? Next idea were to use a expansion breadboard but i can't find one with 1 mm grid dimension, do anyone of you know a shop in germany or europe?

Greetings

Patrick
Last edited by cracklecrackle on Tue May 07, 2013 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crazyflie Nano 10-DOF
atomicdog
Expert

Re: Advanced method to connect the motors to the board

Post by atomicdog »

I don't think you will need to solder and unsolder the wires so many times that you should be worried about damage to other components.
I think adding a connector will add unnecessary weight.
6-DOF CF | wireless xbox 360 controller
ross123540
Beginner

Post by ross123540 »

Ive already had to swap out two motors due to issues with them...
cracklecrackle
Beginner

Post by cracklecrackle »

ross123540 wrote:Ive already had to swap out two motors due to issues with them...
I think i solder the motors for first tests directly on the board till i find a better solution for this. If i find a vendor i'll post it here or i try to build a solution by my own, i will think about this and try some ideas this weekend.
Crazyflie Nano 10-DOF