Crazyflie 2.0 feedback

Discussions and questions about the Crazyflie Nano Quadcopter
marcus
Bitcraze

Re: Crazyflie 2.0 feedback

Post by marcus »

lxrocks wrote:dbrgn - thanks for that. I loaded the VM client to see what I was missing and it seems cfclient on my MAC is not showing the battery and link quality bars properly and they are not labelled at all.
The only thing showing is 2 thin horizontal bars with no text labels
As far as I know this should work on Mac OSX, what version of the client and Mac OSX are you running? If it' still not working could you create a new topic for it and we will help you there.
lxrocks wrote:I think I might just start using the VM rather than try and fix Mac issues. :)
The new VM 0.6 with the Crazyflie 2.0 things is still being worked on and isn't published, but the old 0.5 should work.
lxrocks wrote:Merry Christmas
Merry Christmas!

/Marcus
lxrocks

Post by lxrocks »

Marcus - as requested created a new post on the topic

http://forum.bitcraze.se/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1187

Happy New Year !!!
niekt
Beginner

First run

Post by niekt »

Hi all...I'm a noob at quadcopters. Have had a toy for some months and received the CF2 last week. Have assembled it in about an hour yesterday. Found that my Samsung Galaxy Note2 with Cyanogen11 didn't talk BTLE. Installed the Crazyradio and XP client to find out I needed an input controller like a PS3 or X360 to fly it.
Fortunately my father in law has a newer iPad. So downloaded the app, connected and tried to fly. Unfortunately it didn't take off.
Will fully charge it and retry. Keep you posted here.
Goal: making the CF2 fly/patrol 'autonomously' through my house.

Cheers, happy new year,
Niek.
dbrgn

Re: First run

Post by dbrgn »

niekt wrote:Goal: making the CF2 fly/patrol 'autonomously' through my house.
For that you will need some kind of positioning system. For example a few Kinects spread throughout your house and controlling software. Or multiple webcams and good image processing.

Right now the CF2 doesn't even support good altitude hold yet. The barometer is simply not exact enough. I'm trying to get an ultrasonic sensor onboard.
DataBoy
Beginner

Post by DataBoy »

dbrgn wrote:
niekt wrote: trying to get an ultrasonic sensor onboard.
New horizons in location tech out of Ireland:
This is interesting, I've asked for the weight... http://www.decawave.com/products/dwm1000-module
dbrgn

Post by dbrgn »

DataBoy wrote:New horizons in location tech out of Ireland:
This is interesting, I've asked for the weight... http://www.decawave.com/products/dwm1000-module
That looks *very* interesting. Do you already know the pricing? How many of these transceivers do you need for a positioning system?

Maybe we should move that discussion to a separate thread though.
lxrocks

Post by lxrocks »

The power button is driving me crazy, it's too small, I really struggle to switch it on. Trying to get the CF2 into dfu mode with the USB is almost impossible for me.
It's really annoying :(

EDIT. Confirmed the On/Off button is now broken , probably because I pushed too hard. I am now using a wire to short the switch and it's actually working better for me than the switch :)
rebit

Post by rebit »

I buy CF 2.0, arrived 2 days ago...

Impossible to fly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Power button drive me crazy too... too small and confuse location.
Im still cant connect from Windows app in W 8.1 OS , im using only on Android... I will try tonight and make a troubleshooting to connect from app.

Im very disapointed. I spent a lot of money i pay all the international taxes with a great spectation.... :/
chad
Expert

Post by chad »

Can you set the yaw to 0 in the Android client settings? This will probably help you a lot.

Like anything, flying a tiny nano-quad is a skill. Be patient and you will get better at it. It's not impossible to control. If you are having problems constantly pulling in one direction or another, check to make sure you didn't push your propellers on too hard. If they're on too tight they might be binding and not spinning freely. Also, have you tried balancing them. If not, try it out. It will help.

The Crazyflie is truly not impossible to fly. I am happy to upload a video of me using my iPhone and hovering in a relatively stable position or flying though some obstacles. It just takes care and practice.
Crazyflier - my CF journal...
4x Crazyflie Nano (1.0) 10-DOF + NeoPixel Ring mod.
3x Crazyflie 2.0 + Qi Charger and LED Decks.
Raspberry Pi Ground Control.
Mac OS X Dev Environment.
Walkera Devo7e, ESky ET6I, PS3 and iOS Controllers.
rebit

Post by rebit »

Thanks for the tips i will try. I will not give up...