[SOLVED] Getting flying with a Macbook Air

Discussions and questions about the Crazyflie Nano Quadcopter
ckk
Beginner

Re: Getting flying with a Macbook Air

Post by ckk »

ckk wrote:I haven't flown yet, but there's details on what I did to get the UI up and running on my MBA running Lion on my blog here: http://kullander.nu/blog/2013/05/06/cra ... on-my-mac/.
The weird 100% CPU utilization issue I had went away when I connected an input device (PS3 controller), connection to the crazyflie worked fine and it flies nicely as long has it has a good pilot to control it. :) So in case someone else prefers to use MacPorts to get everything setup my blog post linked to above works well.
marcus
Bitcraze

Post by marcus »

ckk wrote: The weird 100% CPU utilization issue I had went away when I connected an input device (PS3 controller), connection to the crazyflie worked fine and it flies nicely as long has it has a good pilot to control it. :)
Glad to hear that it's working better with the joystick connected. I open up an issue here for this so if you have any more info it would be great if you wanted to add it.
ckk wrote: So in case someone else prefers to use MacPorts to get everything setup my blog post linked to above works well.
We have install instructions for OSX using homebrew on the wiki (thanks to contributions) but if you want to add the description on how to use MacPorts I can set you up with an account, just drop me a mail.

/Marcus
willminers
Beginner

Post by willminers »

marcus wrote:
ckk wrote: The weird 100% CPU utilization issue I had went away when I connected an input device (PS3 controller), connection to the crazyflie worked fine and it flies nicely as long has it has a good pilot to control it. :)
Glad to hear that it's working better with the joystick connected. I open up an issue here for this so if you have any more info it would be great if you wanted to add it.
ckk wrote: So in case someone else prefers to use MacPorts to get everything setup my blog post linked to above works well.
We have install instructions for OSX using homebrew on the wiki (thanks to contributions) but if you want to add the description on how to use MacPorts I can set you up with an account, just drop me a mail.

/Marcus
It's probably worth adding to the wiki that you might need to run it with python2 if you already have python 3 installed (as I do, though I don't remember installing it). When trying to run the example with the "python" command, I was getting errors about pyusb not being installed (due to the imcompatible versions, I found out, although the error message was not helpful).
lithyem
Beginner

Re: [SOLVED] Getting flying with a Macbook Air

Post by lithyem »

Issuing the port install py27-pygame failed..

Code: Select all

Whisper:~ lithyem$ sudo port install py27-pygame
Error: Port py27-pygame not found
All worked fine up to there. Any ideas? Google gives me ZERO
brownyoda
Beginner

Post by brownyoda »

lithyem wrote:Issuing the port install py27-pygame failed..

Whisper:~ lithyem$ sudo port install py27-pygame
Error: Port py27-pygame not found
All worked fine up to there. Any ideas? Google gives me ZERO

I also had problem with this but the instruction was incorrect it is actually,

$ sudo port install py27-game
orcinus

Post by orcinus »

I strongly suggest using brew instead of macports.
I got things working in no time with brew.