Control of multiple crazyflies

Discussions and questions about the Crazyradio
ireuben
Beginner

Control of multiple crazyflies

Post by ireuben »

If I want to control multiple copters, can I use one radio on the PC side? Can the copters communicate with eachother peer-to-peer? In the docs I see mention of packets having a 5-byte address ( http://wiki.bitcraze.se/projects:crazyr ... io_address ) which seems to imply that a large number of devices could communicate over a particular radio channel, but it also sounds like you may need to set a single address on both devices to they can only communicate one-to-one.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: Control of multiple crazyflies

Post by arnaud »

It is technically possible to communicate between Crazyflie but not implemented yet.

Currently all copter have the same address but it is planed that a copter could be paired with a radio dongle to permit easier handling. In the case of copter-to-copter communication I guess the easiest would be to give each copter a unique address which is also possible (ie. by using the cpu-id for example).
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

And it is also possible to communicate with multiple Crazyflies using one dongle but not implemented yet. The bandwidth would be shared though, which might be a limiting factor if there are lots of Crazyflies controlled by one Crazyradio.
prashant7891
Beginner

Post by prashant7891 »

Hi, can you elaborate on how you could pair a crazyradio with a single crazyflie? Or it can be done with multiple crazyflies?