Detecting deck to be updated no reaction

Discussions and questions about the Crazyradio
Barry
Beginner

Detecting deck to be updated no reaction

Post by Barry »

Hi all,

I have installed a flow deck on Crazyflie. When I use Xbox o python scripts to hover the drone. It could not stable, there was a large drift. So I tried to update the firmware. However, when I followed the flashing procedure on the client. I met the following problem:
11111.png
There was no reaction on detecting deck to be updated. Could someone help me?

Cheers.
kristoffer
Bitcraze

Re: Detecting deck to be updated no reaction

Post by kristoffer »

Hi!

There is nothing in the Flow deck to update so the expected behaviour is that the CF should just look for update-able decks and after a second or two continue. Did your client stop at this point while flashing?

If you have a drift with the flow deck it is usually because the floor under the crazyflie is too uniform (not patterns or such) which makes it difficult for the optical flow sensor to detect motion.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

Hi,

I could verify that you are hitting a newly introduced bug, the workaround is either to remove the flow deck before programming or just restart the client (the Crazyflie is left fully programmed in firmware mode).

I created tickets in the Crazyflie client and Crazyflie python lib repos to track the bug.
Barry
Beginner

Post by Barry »

kristoffer wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:57 am Hi!

There is nothing in the Flow deck to update so the expected behaviour is that the CF should just look for update-able decks and after a second or two continue. Did your client stop at this point while flashing?

If you have a drift with the flow deck it is usually because the floor under the crazyflie is too uniform (not patterns or such) which makes it difficult for the optical flow sensor to detect motion.
Thank you so much. It's indeed the reason that the floor is too uniform. When I put some newspapers below, it magical stabilized itself.
Barry
Beginner

Post by Barry »

arnaud wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:50 am Hi,

I could verify that you are hitting a newly introduced bug, the workaround is either to remove the flow deck before programming or just restart the client (the Crazyflie is left fully programmed in firmware mode).

I created tickets in the Crazyflie client and Crazyflie python lib repos to track the bug.
Thank you for your update!!! The problem has been solved.