Taranis with CFclient issue [solved]

Discussions and questions about the Crazyradio
Johannes214
Beginner

Taranis with CFclient issue [solved]

Post by Johannes214 »

Hi!

I would like to use my Taranis X9D as a flight controller for manual flying and I am following this guide: https://wiki.bitcraze.io/misc:hacks:taranis

My problem is that Crazyflie PC client doesn´t seem to recognize the controller even though it is visible in device manager as seen in the picture:
(PS4 is not connected but it still shows as a only input device)

Manual flying with PS4 controller is working fine. Can you give any guide how I should investigate this connecting problem?

Let me know if this post is more fitting for some other channel and I will change it.
Last edited by Johannes214 on Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: Taranis with CFclient issue

Post by arnaud »

Hi,
This post is perfect for the forum, the advantage of the forum is that questions and answers can be seen to help others later while other channel tends to be less persistent.

I have never used this flight controller but if it is seens as a USB joystick by the PC it should work in the client.

The only thing I can think about is to make sure to restart the Crazyflie client when you connect or disconnect a joystick or gamepad. There is a long-standing bug in the client that prevents it from scanning for new input device while it is running. The fact that you still see the ps4 gamepad even though it is disconnected leads me to think that your client was not restarted and so does not see the change of devices.
Johannes214
Beginner

Re: Taranis with CFclient issue [solved]

Post by Johannes214 »

Hi Arnaud,

Your solution worked! After restarting while the controller is still connected client finds the FrSky device and I was able to finish configuring the controller the same way as the PS4 with the instructions. I am still struggling to detect switches so that I could add an assisted control button but it´s not too important for me. If I find how to get it working I will post the results here.

Thanks for the help!