FLOWDECK transmission data to firmware crazyflie

Discussions and questions about the Crazyradio
RyanMco
Expert

FLOWDECK transmission data to firmware crazyflie

Post by RyanMco »

Hi! I'm wondering if there's another method than debugging for verifying if the data that my flowdeck calculating is transmitter properly to my firmware on the crazyflie or not? in other words I mean
we know that flowdeck has two sensors and caluclating according to my movements while flying the crazyflie the coordination x y z and then flowdeck doing proper calculation and sending the height to my crazyflie's firmware .. any suggestions? thanks alot!

debugging is very hard and takes time .. I want just to verify the interface communication between my firmware and my flowdeck that's transmitted properly ..
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: FLOWDECK transmission data to firmware crazyflie

Post by arnaud »

Raw values of the flow deck are available as log variable, this is the easiest to verify that things are working correctly. You can setup log blocks in the Crazyflie client and observe the values in the plotter tab.

A couple of interesting variables for the flow are:
- motion.deltaX, motion.deltaY: Raw X/Y values reported by the motion camera. These are unit-less ticks.
- range.zrange: Raw measurement of the down-facing ranging sensor in millimeter.
- stateEstimate.x, stateEstimate.y, stateEstimate.z: Output of the Kalman filter state estimator. This is the position of the Crazyflie calculated using the IMU as well as the flow raw data.

All these data are available both then the Crazyflie fly and when it does not fly, for instant you can move manually the Crazyflie around and observe if the data make sense.