connection lost to radio://0/98/2M : too many packet lost

Discussions and questions about the Crazyradio
rkd
Beginner

connection lost to radio://0/98/2M : too many packet lost

Post by rkd »

Hi,

The radio connection between CF2.0 and Crazyradio PA is lost after a couple of meter no matter of the channel or datarate.
radio_connection_failed_error_msg.png
I am using Ubuntu 16.04, Logitech, Inc. F710 Wireless Gamepad [XInput Mode]. I tried following approaches to fix it -
(1) successfully flash bin/cradio-pa-0.53.bin firmware to the dongle
(2) tried with several combination of channels and datarate
(3) tried another CF2.0 and tested with other usb ports of my PC
(4) read different discussion threads in the forums like -
viewtopic.php?t=1372
http://blog.crazyflie.net/?p=18
https://wiki.bitcraze.io/projects:crazy ... leshooting

I think there might be problem in the dongle's radio range, not sure.
Looking for the solution. Thank you.

+Rajkumar
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: connection lost to radio://0/98/2M : too many packet lost

Post by arnaud »

Hi,

There seems to be a range problem either with the dongle or with the Crazyflie. Can you test a couple of things to get more info:
1- Connecting Crazyflie with an Android or iOS device using the crazyflie mobile client, the range over bluetooth should be of about 10 to 15m depending of the device
2- The Crazyradio antenna is a standard 2.4GHz antenna, the same used by wifi routers and devices, if you have such an antenna around you can try to use it instead of the Crazyradio antenna. We have seen at least one time that this kind of problem was caused by a bad antenna.
rkd
Beginner

Post by rkd »

Hi,

Here are my observations -
(1) with crazyflie android client, I was getting continous bluethooth connection within the range of 8-10 meters. I noticed that link strength (indicated on the top left on the app) was varying between 12-26% while CF2.0 was at 8-10 meters distance from the mobile phone and I got same signal strength across all three CF2.0.

(2) The router antenna I found in my lab was not fitting with the crazyflie usb dongle. I will order one soon. To test the crazyflie pa dongle radio range, I went outside of my lab which was wifi free zone. In that outdoor environment, connection was getting lost everytime when CF2.0 was at the distance of 10-11 meters. Altough there was no wifi interference, still connection drops within this small distance, I didn't expect that. Does it mean that there is some issue with my dongle?
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

It seems that the crazyradio PA is the one having the problem. If you drop us an email at support _at_ bitcraze.io we can fix a replacement.