Communication between two CrazyRadios

Discussions and questions about the Crazyradio
Limnfo
Beginner

Communication between two CrazyRadios

Post by Limnfo »

Hi there!

as stated in the following post, in 2015 it was not possible to "connect" two crazyradios together
arnaud wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:37 am [...]
And communicating between two Crazyradio is not yet possible, Crazyradio is not listening to the radio, only transmitting (there is a pull request for making it listen in the repos so it is comming though)
Has somebody made this possible in the meantime? I would be highly interested if I could enable communication between a PC and a Raspberry via crazyradio.

Best regards,
Limnfo
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: Communication between two CrazyRadios

Post by arnaud »

There is now a PRX mode in the Crazyradio firmware git repos, it should be what you need to communicate between two Crazyradios. Though I have not tested it personally so I am not sure of the state of it.
Limnfo
Beginner

Post by Limnfo »

Hi arnaud,

thanks for your reply!
Is there someone who may know it, or someone I could ask for details?

It would be really great if this would work :-)
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

I just tested the PRX functionality in the latest commit and it works. If you compile the firmware from source, and use the prx and ptx examples from the crazyradio-firmware repos, you can communicate between two Crazyradios on two different computers

See my message in another thread for the mandatory warnings about compiling your own firmware :-).