Beginner

Re: crazyradio PA not recongized

Post by kenjichanhkg »

yes I have tried. Same results.
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Just to rule out hardware problems. If you connect with bluetooth is the connection stable? Try distance and thrusting.
kenjichanhkg
Beginner

Post by kenjichanhkg »

yes, very stable, tested a few meters away and going to different rooms at home.

BTW, I just bought a CLIPtec gamepad, and it looks like a PS3 controller. I will test it.

Connections are stable only when the PS4 is unplugged....very strange.
kenjichanhkg
Beginner

Post by kenjichanhkg »

the newly bought CLIPtec gamepad has the same problem also.
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

This is a really strange problem and nothing we have seen before. There seem to be no problem with the CF2 hardware at least and probably not with the Crazyradio either so most likely a software issue connected to windows.
kenjichanhkg
Beginner

Post by kenjichanhkg »

I will try to test it on my iMac tomorrow, and see if that makes any difference.
kenjichanhkg
Beginner

Post by kenjichanhkg »

Yeah!! No more disconnecting!

After Arnaud's reply and using a more latest cfclient, regarding of my PS4 controller issue in win10.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2343&p=11865#p11865

I think the problem is about the virtualbox or its USB support.
Because with that cfclient version, I can use my PS4 controller natively in win10 for the first time, and:
  • it's responsive!!
  • and no more disconnecting, stay connected for a very long time!!
Maybe I should do my firmware development in VM, and testings in windows, maybe.

Thanks everyone who helped me!
Tack så mycket!
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

Thanks for reporting the solution!

Yes we have seen some strange things with the VM lately and this is even more precise information that something is going on with USB.
kenjichanhkg
Beginner

Post by kenjichanhkg »

I'm not sure if I should post in this thread or not, but my (new) problem might be related.

I played with my cf2 in an open area today, but having a radio disconnecting issue.
Radio disconnected 4-5 times without any reason in 7 mins.
I tried to fly it up high to around 5 meters or more and luckily broke just one arm when radio connection just disappeared.

I notice there is an Auto-reconnect option, but it doesn't seem to be working at all.

Here is some log which might help:

WARNING:cflib.crazyflie:Got link error callback [Too many packets lost] in state [2]
INFO:cflib.crazyflie:Callback->Disconnected from [radio://0/80/2M]
INFO:cflib.crazyflie:Callback->Connection lost to [radio://0/80/2M]: Too many packets lost
INFO:cflib.crazyflie:Callback->Connection initialized[radio://0/80/2M]
ERROR:cflib.crazyflie:Couldn't load link driver: Cannot find a Crazyradio Dongle

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Miniconda35\envs\cfclient\lib\site-packages\cflib\drivers\crazyradio.py", line 119, in __init__
IndexError: list index out of range

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "C:\Miniconda35\envs\cfclient\lib\site-packages\cflib\crazyflie\__init__.py", line 218, in open_link
File "C:\Miniconda35\envs\cfclient\lib\site-packages\cflib\crtp\__init__.py", line 91, in get_link_driver
File "C:\Miniconda35\envs\cfclient\lib\site-packages\cflib\crtp\radiodriver.py", line 188, in connect
File "C:\Miniconda35\envs\cfclient\lib\site-packages\cflib\crtp\radiodriver.py", line 98, in __init__
File "C:\Miniconda35\envs\cfclient\lib\site-packages\cflib\crtp\radiodriver.py", line 67, in __init__
File "C:\Miniconda35\envs\cfclient\lib\site-packages\cflib\drivers\crazyradio.py", line 121, in __init__
Exception: Cannot find a Crazyradio Dongle

INFO:cflib.crazyflie:Callback->Connected failed to [radio://0/80/2M]: Couldn't load link driver: Cannot find a Crazyradio Dongle

File "C:\Miniconda35\envs\cfclient\lib\site-packages\cflib\drivers\crazyradio.py", line 119, in __init__
IndexError: list index out of range

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "C:\Miniconda35\envs\cfclient\lib\site-packages\cflib\crazyflie\__init__.py", line 218, in open_link
File "C:\Miniconda35\envs\cfclient\lib\site-packages\cflib\crtp\__init__.py", line 91, in get_link_driver
File "C:\Miniconda35\envs\cfclient\lib\site-packages\cflib\crtp\radiodriver.py", line 188, in connect
File "C:\Miniconda35\envs\cfclient\lib\site-packages\cflib\crtp\radiodriver.py", line 98, in __init__
File "C:\Miniconda35\envs\cfclient\lib\site-packages\cflib\crtp\radiodriver.py", line 67, in __init__
File "C:\Miniconda35\envs\cfclient\lib\site-packages\cflib\drivers\crazyradio.py", line 121, in __init__
Exception: Cannot find a Crazyradio Dongle

INFO:cflib.crazyflie:Closing link
INFO:cflib.crazyflie:Callback->Disconnected from [radio://0/80/2M]
WARNING:cflib.crazyflie.toc:Unable to find variable [flightmode.althold]
WARNING:cflib.crazyflie.param:Cannot set value for [flightmode.althold], it's not in the TOC!
===== 2017.03.25 19:03:46 =====
File "c:\projects\crazyflie-clients-python\src\cfclient\ui\tabs\FlightTab.py", line 532, in _assisted_control_updated
File "C:\Miniconda35\envs\cfclient\lib\site-packages\cflib\crazyflie\param.py", line 265, in set_value
KeyError: 'flightmode.althold not in param TOC'

The version is Cfclient 2016.4-62-g64b6222, the one arnaud gave me earlier.

I think we could implement a feature in the firmware so that the cf2 can land by its own when radio is lost, instead of hard landing and break something.

Thanks!
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

Hi,

Most of the time it is better to start a new thread for a new problem.

Anyway, what datarate are you running at? the default 250K is good for long range but it is also more subject to packet collision with Wifi so indoor it is usually better to use 2Mbps. This could help.